Propane leak prompts Miami Springs Middle School employees hospitalization

More than a dozen Miami Springs Middle School employees were hospitalized Thursday after a propane gas leak in the kitchen of the school cafeteria, according to Miami-Dade Fire Rescue. 

Authorities said there were numerous patients who complained about feeling nauseous at the school at 150 S. Royal Poinciana Blvd.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue spokeswoman Erika Benitez said the cafeteria and adjacent areas were temporarily evacuated. She said 14 people were taken to local hospitals. 

School officials said no students were inside the cafeteria at the time. 

This BBSNews article was syndicated from News | WPLG, and written by News | WPLG. Read the original article here.

This BBSNews article originally appeared on News | WPLG.