After the impact of Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria, Puerto Ricans need bottled water, canned foods and hygiene products. They also need first-aid kits, pain relief medicine, and stomach and diarrhea relief medicine.
Parents need diapers, baby formula, baby wipes, canned milk, dry foods, and baby pain relief medicine. There is also a need for hand sanitizers, garbage bags, towels, mosquito repellant, blankets, pillows, laundry detergents, dish soap and cots.
Here is a list of drop-off locations and links to fundraisers:
- The Puerto Rican Leadership Council will be collecting donations from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, at the Mana Wynwood convention center at 318 NW 23 St.
- Ana G. Mendez University from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at 15201 NW 79 Ct., in Miami Lakes.
- Ay Bendito food truck from 1 to 6 p.m., Sunday at 9225 SW 137 Ave.
- El Rinconcito de Santa Barbara Restaurant at 2050 W. 56 St., in Hialeah.
For more information about the effort to help in Miami-Dade, contact Luis De Rosa at LDR@PuertoRicanChamber.com.
- Casa Boriquen from 1 to 6 p.m., Saturday, at 6519 Taft St., in Hollywood.
- In Fort Lauderdale, the Art Sign Company at 835 NW 6 Ave. was also collecting donations. For more information contact Justin Youel at 954-763-4410.
- Save the Children mobilized an emergency team and is accepting donations online.
- Boys and Girls Club of Puerto Rico established a fund on their site.
- Center for a New Economy set up a fund on Classy.org.
- ConPRmetidos set up a page on generosity by Indiegogo.
- Caras is raising funds for ConnectRelief.
- Taller Salud is raising funds on Click and Pledge.
- Ricky Martin set up a fund on YouCaring.
- Monica Puig set up a crowdfunding campaign.
- Dallas Mavericks player José Juan Barea also has a crowdfunding campaign.
- The Puerto Rican government set up their United For Puerto Rico website and was asking individuals and organizations wishing to make donations or volunteer to call 202-800-3134 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. They have a Twitter, Facebook and YouTube account.
- The Red Cross has an online volunteer application.