2 adults, 2 children suffer carbon monoxide poisoning in Hialeah

Two adults and two children have been hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Hialeah Fire Rescue.

Capt. Cesar Espinosa said at around 5:30 a.m. Friday the department responded to 33 E 10th Street for a family with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

A neighbor, Orlando Socia, told Local 10 News that he saw the children's mother faint and throw up before authorities arrived. The family had two generators running inside an enclosed patio. 

"The mom is the one that realized, because she fainted in the bathroom, then she vomited," Socia said. "So she realized it was the carbon monoxide. They called 911 and they took them."

According to Espinosa, the four have levels above normal. They were all transported to Mercy Hospital in stable condition.

Stay with Local 10 and Local10.com for updates.

This BBSNews article was syndicated from News | WPLG, and written by News | WPLG. Read the original article here.