Woman burned after pressure cooker explodes at Miami Gardens home

A woman suffered burns to part of her body Tuesday after a pressure cooker exploded at a home in Miami Gardens.

The incident was reported in the 18300 block of Northwest 44th Place.

Local 10 News photojournalist Bob Palumbo was at Jackson Memorial Hospital as the woman arrived via helicopter.

Palumbo said the woman was cooking beans when the pressure cooker exploded.

Similar incidents have been reported in recent years in South Florida, including in 2015 when doctors were forced to amputate a 2-year-old girl's leg after she was burned on 60 percent of her body.

No other details were immediately released.


This BBSNews article was syndicated from News | WPLG, and written by News | WPLG. Read the original article here.

This BBSNews article originally appeared on News | WPLG.