Published April 5, 2017
NEW YORK – Indigenous Peoples and allies will begin an overnight protest encampment on today, April 5, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. at the Wells Fargo branch at 463 Broadway, between Grand and Broome Streets.
Tomorrow morning on April 6th at 9:30 a.m., the group will march to City Hall for a press conference at 10:15 a.m. on City Hall’s steps calling on Mayor de Blasio to divest from Wells Fargo and other banks financing the Dakota Access pipeline.
Gloria Steinem, feminist icon and activist will be speaking on City Hall steps in the morning, among other speakers. Join us at the kick off of the encampment and the march. #DefundDAPL Now! #NoDAPL #NoKXL #WaterIsLife More info on the encampment here: https://www.facebook.com/events/381970218849950??ti=ia
If you want to join the encampment overnight, please go fill out this form: http://bit.ly/forgowells.
Indigenous Sponsoring Organizations:
- American Indian Law Alliance
- American Indian Community House
- Seventh Generation Fund for Indigenous Peoples
- Tonatierra Community Development Institute International
- Indian Treaty Council
- Indigenous Values Initiative
- NYC Stands with Standing Rock
- Gloria Steinem
- New York Communities for Change
- People’s Climate Movement NY
- Food & Water Watch
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Citizen Action of New York Sane Energy Project
- Sierra Club – Atlantic Chapter
- Bronx Climate Justice North
- Grassroots Action NY
The post Activist Gloria Steinem Supports #DefundDAPL Now!: Will Speak on NYC City Hall Rally appeared first on Native News Online.