The Las Cruces Public Schools Board of Education has selected five people to be considered as semifinalists for its open superintendent job.
The semifinalists, according to the Las Cruces Sun-News, are (click on a name to view that semifinalists’ job application):
- Arsenio Romero, assistant superintendent for instruction, curriculum and turnaround for the Roswell Independent School District in Roswell.
- Frank J. Chiapetti Jr., superintendent of the Gallup-McKinley County Schools in Gallup.
- Gregory Rodriguez, deputy superintendent for the Huntsville Independent School District in Huntsville, Texas.
- Miguel A. Serrano, director of human resources for the Socorro Independent School District in El Paso, Texas.
- Gregory A. Ewing, chief accountability and research officer for the Cobb County School District in Marietta, Ga.
The school board will announce finalists during its public meeting on Sept. 20, the Sun-News reported. The district plans to hire a new superintendent by Nov. 1.
The school district previously released to NMPolitics.net all 26 applications for the superintendent job. Such applications are public record in New Mexico. You can view all 26 applications by clicking here.