Here is the timeline of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School massacre Wednesday, according to Broward Sheriff Scott Israel:
Uber driver drops off Nikolas Cruz at the school at 5901 NW Pine Island Rd., in Parkland.
Cruz entered the east stairwell with a rifle inside a black soft case. He exited the stairwell after pulling the rifle out of the case.
- Cruz began shooting at classrooms 1215, 1216 and 1214.
- Cruz returned to classrooms 1216 and 1215, and then to classroom 1213.
- Cruz took the west stairwell to the second floor.
- Cruz shot one victim in classroom 1234.
- Cruz took the east stairwell to the third floor.
- Cruz dropped his rifle and backpack and ran down the stairs.
- Cruz exited building 12 and ran towards the tennis courts.
INTERACTIVE MAP OF SCHOOL
'Blending in with the crowd'
Cruz took a southbound turn on foot, crossed fields and ran westbound along with others who were fleeing and tried to mix in with the group running away.
Cruz arrived at a Walmart Supercenter at 6001 Coral Ridge Dr., bought a drink at the Subway inside and left the Walmart on foot.
- Cruz went to McDonald's at 5741 Coral Ridge Dr., sat down and left on foot.
- A Coconut Creek Police Department officer detained Cruz at 4700 Wyndham Lakes Dr.
This BBSNews article originally appeared on News | WPLG.