Published November 2, 2017
- ZERO TO 60 CHALLENGE: Don’t Let Sugar Shape You! – November 1-30 – National Initiative: Tribes, communities, organizations, families and individuals across the country are pledging to take the Zero to 60 Challenge – cutting out sugary beverages and drinking at least 60 ounces of water each day for the entire month of November. Check theZero to 60 website for a challenge site near you. Read the Zero to 60 press release.
- NB3FIT WEEK: A National Week of Native Youth Health and Fitness – November 5-11 – National Events: NB3FIT WEEK events are taking place across the country during November 5-11. Check the NB3FIT website for an event near you. The NB3FIT WEEK goals are to: engage 12,000 Native youth across the country in physical activity for a minimum of one hour during that week; promote drinking clean water; and encourage eating healthy foods. NB
- NB3FIT NATIONAL XC RACE – November 11 – Santa Ana Pueblo Golf Club: NB3 Foundation is hosting its 2nd Annual NB3FIT National Cross Country (XC) Race on November 11 at Santa Ana Pueblo Gold Club. The event features a National All Native American High School 5K Cross Country Race and Health Fair in conjunction with NB3FIT WEEK. The race is a regional high school qualifying race for the Wings of America National Team.
- NB3 FOUNDATION & UNITED HEALTHCARE SOCCER CLINIC– November 7 – W.D. Carroll Elementary School, Bernalillo, NM: NB3 Foundation is partnering with United Healthcare to host a day of health and fitness for over 400 students attending W.D. Carroll Elementary School in Bernalillo, NM. The day will include a soccer clinic, fitness activities, leadership skills and nutrition education. United Healthcare staff will be onsite volunteering.
- NB3 FOUNDATION’S GIVING TUESDAY – November 1-29 – National Donation Drive: NB3 Foundation is participating in the global Giving Tuesday event that celebrates and encourages giving. NB3 Foundation’s goal is to raise $1,500 that will directly support the NB3FIT programs (soccer, golf and cross country).
The post NB3 Foundation Announces National Health Initiatives for November 2017 appeared first on Native News Online.