Published November 2, 2017
Activities include health and fitness events, a water challenge and ways to donate.
SANTA ANA PUBELO, NEW MEXICO — The Notah Begay III (NB3) Foundation is pleased to announce a number of key national initiatives that are in line with the organization’s mission: to reduce Native American childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes.
- ZERO TO 60 CHALLENGE: Don’t Let Sugar Shape You! – November 1-30 – National Initiative: Tribes, communities, organizations, families and individuals across the country are pledging to take the Zero to 60 Challenge – cutting out sugary beverages and drinking at least 60 ounces of water each day for the entire month of November. Check theZero to 60 website for a challenge site near you. Read the Zero to 60 press release.
- NB3FIT WEEK: A National Week of Native Youth Health and Fitness – November 5-11 – National Events: NB3FIT WEEK events are taking place across the country during November 5-11. Check the NB3FIT website for an event near you. The NB3FIT WEEK goals are to: engage 12,000 Native youth across the country in physical activity for a minimum of one hour during that week; promote drinking clean water; and encourage eating healthy foods. NB
- NB3FIT NATIONAL XC RACE – November 11 – Santa Ana Pueblo Golf Club: NB3 Foundation is hosting its 2nd Annual NB3FIT National Cross Country (XC) Race on November 11 at Santa Ana Pueblo Gold Club. The event features a National All Native American High School 5K Cross Country Race and Health Fair in conjunction with NB3FIT WEEK. The race is a regional high school qualifying race for the Wings of America National Team.
- NB3 FOUNDATION & UNITED HEALTHCARE SOCCER CLINIC– November 7 – W.D. Carroll Elementary School, Bernalillo, NM: NB3 Foundation is partnering with United Healthcare to host a day of health and fitness for over 400 students attending W.D. Carroll Elementary School in Bernalillo, NM. The day will include a soccer clinic, fitness activities, leadership skills and nutrition education. United Healthcare staff will be onsite volunteering.
- NB3 FOUNDATION’S GIVING TUESDAY – November 1-29 – National Donation Drive: NB3 Foundation is participating in the global Giving Tuesday event that celebrates and encourages giving. NB3 Foundation’s goal is to raise $1,500 that will directly support the NB3FIT programs (soccer, golf and cross country).
For more information on any events or to request an interview, please contact April Hale, Communication Specialist, at [email protected]. Members of the press attending any event should have proper credentials.
The post NB3 Foundation Announces National Health Initiatives for November 2017 appeared first on Native News Online.