Exercising regularly at a moderate or intense level for four to seven hours per week may reduce some women's breast cancer risk, according to The American Cancer Society.
Studies show exercise consumes and controls blood sugar and limits blood levels of insulin growth factor, a hormone that can affect how breast cells grow and behave.
Here is a list of apps that can help women adopt the habit to exercise regularly:
1. Couch to 5K: The app's program promises that if you spend 30 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, you will be able to run your first 5 K. Cost: About $3. Download here: iTunes | Google Play
2. Charity Miles: This app helps users to "move with purpose" and "earn money for charity." Cost. Free. Download here: iTunes | Google Play
3. Nike Training Club: This app offers 160 workouts and challenges. Cost: Free. Download here: iTunes | Google Play
4. My Asics: This app helps users set up a training schedule that adjusts to a goal. Cost: . Download here: iTunes | Google Play
5. Aaptiv: This app offers audio workout classes for your treadmill, bicycle or elliptical workouts. Cost: About $10 a month. Download here: iTunes | Google Play
6. My Fitness Pal: This app helps users keep track of both diet and exercise with a calorie counter. Cost: Free. Download here: iTunes | Google Play
7. Pact: This app sets up a financial incentive by joining a community that will make a weekly pact and those who achieve goals win. The food log pact involved My Fitness Pal. Cost: Free. Download here: iTunes | Google Play
8. Sworkit: This app offers workout routines depending on your goals. Cost: There is a 7-day free trial. $5 per month or $40 per year. Download here: iTunes | Google Play
9. Fitbit: This app works with or without a physical tracker. With input data on diet, it can help you track steps and calculate calories burned. Cost: Free. Download here: iTunes | Google Play
10. Vida: This app has a system that matches you with a coach to communicate with regularly over phone or video. It doesn't work for everybody, but the user comments are mostly positive. Cost: About $70 a month, $180 for 3 months or $600 a year. Download here: iTunes | Google Play
This BBSNews article was syndicated from News | WPLG, and written by News | WPLG. Read the original article here.