Toddler suffers second-degree burns from boiling water in Hialeah

A 1-year-old boy was burned Monday afternoon after he pulled on a hot plate on which a container of water was boiling, Hialeah Fire Department Capt. Cesar Espinosa said.

The incident took place in the 400 block of East 42nd Street.

Espinosa said the child suffered second-degree burns to his upper torso.

The boy was flown to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center in Miami. 

This BBSNews article was syndicated from News | WPLG, and written by News | WPLG. Read the original article here.