Islamorada restaurant employee electrocuted while working on electronic sign

A restaurant employee in the Florida Keys was electrocuted Saturday while working on an electronic sign, authorities said.

Monroe County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Becky Herrin said Roger Dinneen, 54, of Tavernier, was working on the sign Saturday morning with a co-worker at Wahoo's Bar & Grill in Islamorada when the incident happened.

Herrin said Dinneen asked the co-worker to turn the electricity back on so he could see which lights weren't working on the sign and asked the co-worker to get a volt meter for him.

The co-worker told detectives that he returned with the volt meter and saw that Dinneen was being electrocuted.

The man said he ran to turn off the electricity and returned to find Dinneen unconscious on the ground.

Dinneen was taken to Mariners Hospital, where he died.

Herrin said the major crimes unit is investigating the incident.

This BBSNews article was syndicated from News | WPLG, and written by News | WPLG. Read the original article here.