Two women reported feeling "weak and dizzy" Tuesday after being exposed to carbon monoxide while they were on a boat, authorities said.
Miami Fire Rescue Capt. Ignatius Carroll Jr. said a fireboat arrived at about 2 p.m. to a 33-foot boat that was in the middle of Biscayne Bay with multiple people on board.
Carroll said two patients were evaluated at the scene and one was taken to Mercy Hospital.
Carroll said it appeared that some exhaust from the boat made its way into the cabin, causing the two women to feel weak and dizzy.
The boat checked out OK and was allowed to continue on its way, Carroll said.
Meanwhile, authorities were out on the water, passing out fliers with safety information and making sure boaters were obeying by speed limits.
From 7 p.m. to 11:59 p.m., there will be an enforced 15-knot speed limit for boaters in Biscayne Bay.
This BBSNews article originally appeared on News | WPLG.