A Publix distribution center in Deerfield Beach was evacuated Friday afternoon because of an ammonia leak, authorities said.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue spokesman Mike Jachles said the leak was reported at a Publix warehouse at 777 SW 12th Ave.
Jachles said five people were evaluated at the scene after inhaling fumes. He said six people were taken to Broward Health North, but are expected to be fine.
Authorities said a refrigeration unit inside the warehouse leaked the ammonia.
Between 200 and 300 employees were evacuated from the building as the Fire Department's hazmat team assessed and stopped the leak.