Published March 27, 2017
WASHINGTON – On Wednesday, March 29 at 2:30 PM EDT, the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs will hold a business meeting to consider:
· S. 304, the Tribal Veterans Health Care Enhancement Act;
· S. 343, the Repealing Existing Substandard Provisions Encouraging Conciliation with Tribes Act (RESPECT Act);
· S. 381, a bill to repeal the Act entitled “An Act to confer jurisdiction on the State of Iowa over offenses committed by or against Indians on the Sac and Fox Indian Reservation”;
· S. 607, the Native American Business Incubators Program Act; and
· S. 669, the Columbia River In-Lieu and Treaty Fishing Access Sites Improvement Act.
The business meeting will be immediately followed by a committee oversight hearing on “Native Youth: Promoting Diabetes Prevention through Healthy Living.” Actor Martin Sensmeier (Athabaskan-Tlingit), who is an ambassador for the Boys & Girls Club of America, based in Atlanta, Georgia, will make testimony.
WHAT: A committee business meeting, followed by an oversight hearing on
“Native Youth: Promoting Diabetes Prevention through Healthy Living.”
WHEN: 2:30 PM EDT, Wednesday, March 29, 2017
WHERE: 628 Senate Dirksen Office Building
Live video will be provided at indian.senate.gov.
Rear Admiral Chris Buchanan
Acting Director, Indian Health Service, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C.
The Honorable Vinton Hawley
Chair, National Indian Health Board, Washington, D.C.
Mr. Jared Eagle
Program Director, Fort Berthold Diabetes Program – Three Affiliated Tribes, New Town, North Dakota
Mr. Martin Sensmeier
Actor and Ambassador, Boys & Girls Club of America, Atlanta, Gegoria
Mr. Alton Villegas
Tribal Youth, Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community, Scottsdale, Arizona
Accompanied by: Ms. Rachel Seepie
Senior Fitness Specialist, Diabetes Service Program – Health Service, Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community, Scottsdale, AZ
The post Native Actor Martin Sensmeier to Testify before Senate Committee on Indian Affairs on Wednesday appeared first on Native News Online.