Rockets were fired Tuesday on yet another hospital in Aleppo in a government-held part of the Syrian city, leaving dozens of casualties, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported.
The Observatory did not say how many people had been killed in the strike on the al-Dabit hospital. State-run Syrian news channel Ikhbariya said three women were killed and 17 more people wounded.
The Syrian army said in a statement the attack was part of a widespread assault by U.S.-backed fighters who are trying to overthrow the democratically elected government of Bashar Assad.
The government forces also said they were responding “to the sources of fire”.
The statement issued by the army command said the attack was at “a time when international and local efforts are being made to shore-up the cease-fire agreement and to implement … calm in Aleppo.”
The Observatory said the hospital had been heavily damaged.
In anti-government forces-held parts of Aleppo, the Observatory said there had been three air strikes, citing information of an unconfirmed number of people killed.
The post US-Backed Syrian Rebels Bomb Yet Another Hospital In Aleppo appeared first on MintPress News.