Jan. 4, 2016 ABQ RIDE Offering Limited, Fixed Route Service for Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Albuquerque, NM – In observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Monday, Jan. 18, 2016, ABQ RIDE will operate a regular Saturday schedule, with small changes in the Saturday schedule for Route #157-Montaño/Uptown/Kirtland and #31-Wyoming buses. Because Kirtland Air Force Base plans on keeping its Wyoming Gate open this day, plus several federal contractors on base are planning on working this day, ABQ RIDE plans the following:
* Adding one trip, starting at 6:39 a.m. from the Northwest Transit Center, to the Saturday Route #157-Montaño/Uptown/Kirtland
* Route #157 will have a bus leaving Bldg. 800 at 4:59 p.m. for the Northwest Transit Center
* Adding one southbound #31-Wyoming trip to KAFB, starting at La Cueva High School at 7:09 a.m. and ending at Bldg. 800 at 7:45 a.m.
* Having the remaining southbound #31 trips go to Bldg. 800 to turn around at the south end.
* Extending a northbound trip of Route #31 to leave Bldg. 800 about 4:27 p.m., going north to arrive at La Cueva High School at 5:14 p.m. Customer Service windows at the Alvarado Transportation Center at First and Central SW will not be open that day. However, 243-RIDE (7433) assistance will be available for Sun Van reservations. There will be no Commuter Service or Rail Runner Express Bus service (the New Mexico Rail Runner Express will be operating on a Sunday schedule). Regularly scheduled service will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2016.
For more information on the Saturday schedule routes, see the “Routes and Schedules” section at www.myabqride.com
For more information on the revised schedules for the #31-Wyoming and #157-Montaño/Uptown/Kirtland on the Jan. 19 holiday, go to “Trip Planning” portion of www.myabqride.com