Forensic experts say they found a mass grave in northeast Bosnia most likely containing victims’ remains from the 1995 Srebrenica genocide.
Eldar Jahic, an investigator of Bosnia’s prosecution office, said on Monday the grave was found thanks to satellite images of an area near the village of Kozluk.
Jahic said it seems to be a grave where victims of the massacre were buried in July 1995, and then some bodies were relocated months later to another site in order to hide the crime.
So far incomplete remains from about a dozen different bodies were found.
The victims are presumed to have been systematically executed by firing squads.
Bosnian Serbs killed more than 8,000 Muslim men and boys after they overran Srebrenica at the end of Bosnia’s 1992-95 war.
December 14, 2015 marks the 20th anniversary of the Dayton peace deal that ended the war, which left more than 100,000 people dead and two million displaced.