Saudi Prince Avoids Felony Charges In Sex Assault Case Near Beverly Hills

Majed Abdulaziz Al-Saud was arrested at a Beverly Glen residence last month for allegedly trying to force a female worker to perform a sex act on him. L.A. County prosecutors said Monday there wasn’t enough evidence to charge Al-Saud with a felony. (

Majed Abdulaziz Al-Saud was arrested at a Beverly Glen residence last month for allegedly trying to force a female worker to perform a sex act on him. L.A. County prosecutors said Monday there wasn’t enough evidence to charge Al-Saud with a felony.

Los Angeles County prosecutors said Monday they will not file charges against a Saudi prince arrested on suspicion of sexual assault at a compound on the edge of Beverly Hills, citing insufficient evidence.

Majed Abdulaziz Al-Saud, 29, was arrested last month after a female worker accused him of trying to force her to perform a sex act on him inside a Beverly Glen residence he was renting, police said. Police alleged there were multiple victims, and within days of Al-Saud’s arrest three women sued him in civil court.

Although prosecutors said there was not enough evidence for felony charges, the case was referred to the L.A. city attorney’s office, which could charge him with a misdemeanor. Officials in that office said they would have to review the case before making any decisions.

Al-Saud has said he was innocent, his attorney Alan Jackson said.

“The allegations against him are false,” Jackson said. “The decision by the D.A.’s office not to file charges shows that the accuser’s stories cannot be substantiated. The sheik is very happy to put it behind him and move on with his life.”

Al-Saud has remained in Southern California, free on $300,000 bail, since his arrest Sept. 23, Jackson said. A court appearance scheduled for Monday did not occur because he wasn’t charged, officials said.

A civil lawsuit filed in L.A. County Superior Court on Sept. 25 says he attacked other women inside the home for several days.

The suit, filed by three women identified only as Jane Does, accuses him of “extreme,” “outrageous” and “despicable” behavior that ended in his arrest.

The women remain undeterred despite Monday’s announcement, their attorney, Van Frish, said.

“Generally, if someone doesn’t do something wrong, they don’t get arrested,” he said. “Just the simple human aspect of it, he could’ve apologized … for doing what he did.”

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages and says that Al-Saud inflicted emotional distress, assault and battery, sexual discrimination and retaliation against the workers.

Al-Saud was detained by police for hours last month after a reported disturbance inside the compound, police said. After police interviewed other people inside the residence, they arrested Al-Saud on suspicion of forcing oral copulation.

When officers arrived at the home, they found a “party atmosphere,” LAPD Lt. John Jenal said last month.

Neighbors reported seeing a bleeding woman screaming for help as she tried to scale an 8-foot-high wall that surrounds the property at the end of a cul-de-sac in the 2500 block of Wallingford Drive.

The home is in a gated community just outside Beverly Hills.

The post Saudi Prince Avoids Felony Charges In Sex Assault Case Near Beverly Hills appeared first on MintPress News.

This BBSNews article was syndicated from MintPress News, and written by Los Angeles Times. Read the original article here.